ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED
We have closed out enrollment for our March 2015 classes and are not holding information sessions at this time. If you would like to be notified via email when we begin enrolling trainees for our next class (Summer or Fall 2015), please click the link below:
ABOUT THE TCA
For more than 10 years, SGS Petroleum Service Corporation's TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY has been training men and women to meet the petrochemical industry's increasing demand for U.S. Coast Guard-certified tankermen. We offer the training 2-3 times a year in four locations: Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Corpus Christi, Texas, Pasadena/Houston, Texas; and Port Arthur, Texas.
Our proven approach includes:
GET PAID WHILE YOU TRAIN
- A fast-paced training program that takes ONLY FOUR MONTHS!
- Classroom and one-on-one field training
- Taught by some of the very best tankermen in the industry
- Job opportunities with SGS PSC after successful completion and graduation from the training program and receipt of the Merchant Mariner's Credential
- Receive hourly wages plus mileage reimbursement for travel to and from field training locations;
- Get paid time-and-a-half for all instruction hours in excess of 40 hours per week;
- Qualify for many benefits as an employee of SGS Petroleum Service Corporation, including group medical, dental and life insurance; matching 401(k); short- and long-term disability insurance; vacation and holiday pay, and more.
WHAT IS A TANKERMAN?
The tankerman's role is critical to our nation's petroleum and chemical shipping industry. The tankerman serves as the person-in-charge of critical operations, with responsiblity for protecting the environment by ensuring the safe transfer of petrochemicals to barges. Tankermen must be certified by the U.S. Coast Guard.
There are two types of tankermen: boat tankermen and shore tankermen. SGS Petroleum Service Corporation only employs shore tankermen who live at home and travel to various work sites.
|Ready to get started on a new career as a U.S. Coast Guard-certified tankerman?
to take the first step in the TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY admission process
and review the Qualifications & Admission Requirements.
|AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation (PSC) is an EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and committed to a drug-free and harassment-free work environment.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster:
© SGS Petroleum Service Corporation – 2014 – All rights reserved - SGS is a registered trademark of SGS Group Management SA.
Photos, files and images contained in this site may not be used without the
express written permission of SGS Petroleum Service Corporation.