Enrollment is now closed for our December 2013
Tankerman Career Academy classes.
No additional information sessions will be offered this year.
If you would like to receive notice when we begin enrollment for our 2014 Tankerman Career Academy classes, please use the form (right) to sign up for our TCA email list.
Our tankermen earn on average $70,000 a year. DO YOU WANT TO BE ONE?
For more than 10 years, SGS Petroleum Service Corporation's TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY has been training men and women to meet the petrochemical industry's increasing demand for U.S. Coast Guard-certified tankermen. Our proven approach includes:
GET PAID WHILE YOU TRAIN
- A fast-paced training program that takes ONLY FOUR MONTHS!
- Classroom and one-on-one field training
- Taught by some of the very best tankermen in the industry
- Offered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana; Corpus Christi, Pasadena & Port Arthur, Texas.
While training full-time, TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY students:
- Receive hourly wages plus mileage reimbursement for travel to and from field training locations;
- Get paid time-and-a-half for all instruction hours in excess of 40 hours per week;
- Qualify for many benefits as an employee of SGS Petroleum Service Corporation, including group medical, dental and life insurance; matching 401(k); short- and long-term disability insurance; vacation and holiday pay, and more.
Upon successful completion and graduation from the TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY training program and receipt of the required Merchant Mariner's Credential, graduates are eligible for continued employment with SGS Petroleum Service Corporation.
to learn more about the TCA
and get started with the admission process.
© Copyright 2013 SGS Petroleum Service Corporation. All rights reserved.