Our tankermen earn on average $70,000 a year.
DO YOU WANT TO BE ONE?
|Our next TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY training classes begin on May 12, 2014 in four locations:
ABOUT THE TCA
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- Pasadena, Texas
- Port Arthur, Texas
For more than 10 years, SGS Petroleum Service Corporation's TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY has been training men and women to meet the petrochemical industry's increasing demand for U.S. Coast Guard-certified tankermen. Our proven approach includes:
GET PAID WHILE YOU TRAIN
- A fast-paced training program that takes ONLY FOUR MONTHS!
- Classroom and one-on-one field training
- Taught by some of the very best tankermen in the industry
While training full-time, TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY students:
- Receive hourly wages plus mileage reimbursement for travel to and from field training locations;
- Get paid time-and-a-half for all instruction hours in excess of 40 hours per week;
- Qualify for many benefits as an employee of SGS Petroleum Service Corporation, including group medical, dental and life insurance; matching 401(k); short- and long-term disability insurance; vacation and holiday pay, and more.
Upon successful completion and graduation from the TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY training program and receipt of the required Merchant Mariner's Credential, graduates are eligible for continued employment with SGS Petroleum Service Corporation. Eligibility for continued employment depends upon the student’s overall performance during training and their level of competence at graduation.
|Ready to get started on a new career as a US Coast Guard-certified tankerman?
to take the first step in the TANKERMAN CAREER ACADEMY admission process
and review the Qualifications & Admission Requirements.
© Copyright 2014 SGS Petroleum Service Corporation. All rights reserved.